Thursday, August 1, 2013

Meet the New DT Members!

Happy Thursday and Happy August 1st! Today we're excited to introduce you to our brand new design team members! They will be working with us through November of this year on both our regular blog and our challenge blog. They're all super talented and we can't wait to see what they create with our dolls!

Without further ado, please say hello to these lovely ladies who will be contributing projects to our blog!


Hi I'm Karen and I am so happy to be joining The Paper Nest Dolls design team and working with Christine's gorgeous, and not to mention cute, images.  I live in the UK and work full-time so I love to spend my weekends crafting! I love colouring and am a very girly crafter so I like to use flowers and pretty papers to compliment the image! I hope you will enjoy my work and I am so looking forward to getting started with this awesome team!

Heather
Hi! My name is Heather Huggins. I live on the Oregon coast. I've been married to my soul mate, Mike, for 14 years and have two adult daughters, Ashley and Emily. They have blessed us with two granddaughters Natalie & Lexie. I love all things crafty - especially coloring! If I can't color every few days I start pulling my hair out. I'm a huge collector of supplies and tools. I love all things sparkly and pretty. Card making is my thing. I'm super excited to be on the Paper Dolls team! I look forward to all the fun we are going to have...

Liv
My name is Liv Solveig Møller Røsok. I live just outside Tønsberg, the oldest town in Norway. I am a single-mother with a daughter of 17 years and a son of 8 years. I started and scrapping and card making in 2004. It was my sister-in-law who introduced me to this lovely paper hobby. 

June
Hi my name is June Nelson, I'm 52-years-old and have three grown-up children, I live in Blyth Northumberland in England. I'm a nurse in a hospice, but have been off sick for 5 months, and am awaiting retirement due to ill health, I started cardmaking about 12 years ago after watching Dawn Bibby on QVC UK. I also did a lot of scrapbooking, I have been on a few design teams including Saturated Canary, Marianne Designs, The Stamp Basket and coloured for LOTV. I cant wait to work with this wonderful team of talented ladies.

Jenn
Hi my name is Jenn Cochran. I am the author of Jax Bean Stalks and the owner of Party Time Tuesdays Challenge Blog.  I live in Colorado with my 7 year old son and his 2 year old black lab puppy, "Buck." I have been in blogland since 2010 but crafting all my life. I love cards but you will also see mixed media and altered items from me. I am super excited to be here with The Paper Nest Dolls.  

Carol
Hi I'm Carol and a SAHM with three lovely boys aged 17, 15, and 10. Married to my best friend for 18 years, I am truly blessed. Have been living in the UK now for 6 and a half years, originally from South Africa. I began my card making journey in October 2009 and am so addicted now that I wonder what I ever did with my time before this. My biggest love is colouring with my Copics.  It's crazy as there never seems to be enough hours in the day to craft, lol!

Eva

Hi! My name is Eva Gro, I'm 40 something and I come from the south-east part of Norway. I live on the countryside on a place called Kleppan in Andebu. I have two children, Vebjørn who's 20, and Hallgeir who's 17 years old. I work full-time as an office manager at a digital printing company and I love my work. I also have two dogs, a doberman and a whippet. Most of my spare time is spent in my craft room. I have been making cards and layouts since 2003 and I'm on 4 other design teams at the moment. I have been using Distress Ink, Pro and Flexmarkers when coloring, but I'm now converting to Copics, and hope I will be pleased with them. I am excited to become a member of the Paper Dolls team and I really look forward to get to know the rest of the girls, and do some more coloring!


Jan
My name is Jan, also known as Scatty Jan. I live in southwest England with my hubby and our 3 mad cats. I love lots of types of crafting but card making is my favourite . Most afternoons I can be found colouring away in my craft room. I am looking forward very much to be a part of The Paper Nest Dolls design team.

And now, please give a warm welcome to our challenge blog design team! These ladies will create projects showcased on our challenge blog to serve as inspiration for our challenges.

Katie
I’m Katie and am a wife of 18 years and a mum to 3 beautiful children. I have been papercrafting for 14 years now and card making for 4. I am English by birth but have been in the US for 16 years and now reside in sunny North Texas. I love to color, I have done it all my life, you could always find a coloring book and felt tip pens in my Christmas stocking. Copic Markers are my medium of choice and I am certified in the use of them.


Hello my friends!  My name is Heidi and I currently live in southeast Wisconsin.  In the real world I have a full-time job and am a caregiver for my 83 year old Mother.  In my creative, play world I design cards for family, friends and co-workers.  I discovered scrapbooking after a cruise to Alaska in 2003 and later that year I took a class at Archiver’s to learn how to make Christmas cards.  I was immediately hooked!  I have also been published multiple times in CardMaker Magazine.  

My previous design team experience includes Let’s Make Greeting Cards, Sunshine Mail Foundation and a guest spot at Red Carpet Studio.  I am currently involved with a group of talented ladies in a monthly blog hop called Crafty Chicks Blog Hop.  I love entering card challenges, which is why I’m really excited to be chosen as a member of The Paper Nest Dolls challenge blog design team.  I can’t wait to work with Christine’s fabulous doll images and be a member of a truly amazing and creative team. 


Jane
Hi my name is Jane, I live in Bournemouth which is in the UK. I have 4 children, 3 boys and a girl. I love spending time at home, which is perfect for my card making. I love to bring a image to life with my pens and turn it into a card .



Keeley
Hi there, my name is Keeley and I’m a mum of 2. I have been card making, distressing, grunging, etc… for many years now and I just love to get my hands dirty, but my passion is stamping and colouring with Copics. I try to make a range of different cards and projects with various techniques which I hope everyone likes and takes a little inspiration from. 



My name is Jenn Zeeb, I recently celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary on May 25 with 4 kids from 10 (fourth grade) to 21 (just finished her third year in college). I am the PTA president at my youngest son’s school and was just laid off from my job at a coffee shop, (boy, do I miss my FREE coffees).

                  I have been playing with paper for as long as I can remember. I started selling for Stampin' Up, but stopped because I found out I liked buying and playing a lot more than selling. Then I started scrapbooking and found out I have a paper hoarding problem. My husband calls it “kindling” and think I might have to get help one day.  I have met great people both scrapbooking and card making, so I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Marcee
Hi, I’m Marcee Rodgers and I write the iNKY Bird blog to inspire creativity and share my passion for paper-crafts. I've been paper-crafting for over 7 years and love CAS, negative space, and coloring images. I'm a former scrapbooker turned card maker. I live in the Portland, Oregon area with my husband and 2 children. I am extremely blessed to be a SAH homeschooling momma. 

Sue
I am a happily married mom of two beautiful girls and one furry girl (a yellow lab), and LOVE anything to do with scrapbooking, card making and crafting. I reside in Canada, love to travel and spending time at the cottage. Most of all I cherish the time I spend with my family and friends.

Ria
Hi! My name is Ria And I am a 49-year-old Dutch woman. I am married to a lovely man and have two boys and one grandchild. I've been scrapbooking, card making, and crafting in general for about 20 years. I love to color both digital and stamped images with my Copics and my Prismacolor pencils. I hope you enjoy my work.


Hello! My name is Beverly Steele. I am a wife of 6 years to a wonderful man. I have been crafting for about 10  years now and my LOVE is cards.  I would say my style is more cutesy, however I love to work with all styles.  

Brianna
Hello, my name is Brianna, aka Happy Scrapper. I am a wife to a wonderful husband and a momma to the most precious two-year-old son. We live in a quiet little town in northern Minnesota. When I am not working full-time you can find this momma in her craft room. I enjoy all things crafty, sewing, crochet, beading and number one of course being paper-crafts. I started my blog in March of 2012 and have been hooked ever since. I have been crafting for the better part of 10 years now. I have been very fortunate to be apart of many fantastic design teams and am very thankful for all of the opportunities I have been giving. 

We'd also like to give a very warm welcome to our returning design team members!
Valerie


Hi! My name is Valerie, and I live in the top northeast corner (tundra!) of Illinois. I’m married to my college sweetheart, and we have 4 kids, ages 11-15 (2 of them are twin boys, so things get a little crazy in my life most of the time – lol!). My love of paper crafting began as a child; I didn’t realize it then, but I was scrapbooking in albums all the time (I still have them, and I love looking back on them). Photos have been important to me my entire life (I’ve always had a camera attached to my hip at all times); I have 5 albums from just my college years (and many, many more from all the different “phases” of my life!) My life in scrapbooking began 10 years ago when my friend took me to a scrapbooking night with friends. That was it, I was hooked. I’m also an architect (on hiatus because of family life), a substitute teacher (perfect job for a busy mom), and a designer on two other design teams. I do mostly traditional scrapbooking, but I do enjoy digital, too. Card making entered my life 3 years ago when I got a job at Archiver’s; that opened up an entire new, awesome world for me! The crafting & projects aren’t the only wonderful thing about this portion of my life; the many, many people I’ve met along the way has been a wonderful bonus; I have so many new friends because of it, and sometimes I think that’s the best part!





I am a stay at home mom to 3 very busy and active kids, Savannah (15), Noah (13), & Parker (5). I grew up and has stayed in Southern Califorina area where I have been very active in my kids school, Norco JAFF, cheer, volleyball, school sports and music lessons. I love to sew, bake, spend time at the river, go boating, workout but my real love is in crafts and Nascar. I am always busy in my craft room learning new ways to use Copic markers, my Cricut and other crafty things to create new and exciting cards and gifts for those I love.





As a stay-at-home mummy of two precious little girls (6 and 3), crafting fills my time - when I have any spare!  My obsession started back in 2007 just before my eldest daughter was born, it started with her birth announcements, then 'thank yous' followed by christening invitations and more…. I will never forget my mum saying 'don't get into stamping it looks expensive' - little did she know at that point I had already started!

After crafting for several years I decided to set up my own blog with a little help from my friends, soon after I had my first opportunity to join a DT, and its all spiralled from there - I love having the opportunity to share my creations with everyone and getting feedback too, I also love hopping around blogland to see what inspiration I can pick up!

As a crafter I love to try my hand at anything, colouring with pens, pencils, inks, making cards, scrapbooks, SMASH*ing and more, crafting is when I'm myself, when I can express my real butterfly tendencies (and get very messy!)





Hi, my name is Michele, I have lived on Long Island my whole life and will be married to my best friend, Paul, 32 years this year. We have 3 sons, 29, 25 and 14. We love to go to Disney World when we can!  I have been involved in one form of art or another since I was very young, I worked at a scrapbook/rubber stamp store for a year until it closed, which was a wonderful experience! I learned so much that year. My passion since then has been card making and coloring with my Copic markers! I'm obsessed with paper crafting and art supplies and have my very own shed in the yard for my overflow items. :-)




Lydia

My name is Lydia. I live in North Wales, Great Britain with my husband, Will, and our little ones Archie, 3 and Matilda (Tilly) 1. For as long as I can remember I have always been crafting in some way, shape or form. As a little girl my aunty used to call me 'Sticky Fingers' as I used to love gluing things- mostly really tiny pieces of paper that I never tidied up... ooooppps!

I love lots of different crafts but my passion is scrapbooking- I love the fact that when I'm gone my babies will be able to look back on everything I've created for them and remember. There are times when I look back on some of my old books now and think 'my gosh.... I'd forgotten about that' so I'm sooooo glad I started this fabulous hobby as I don't want to forget these precious moments and sometimes my brain needs a kick start to remember- maybe its just too full ?!?! I just love creating and involving my babies is fun. My little boy loves it too, his fave is stamping and I'm starting to get Tilly at the mo ... she loves the BigShot.
I have recently really gotten into card making at the moment and may just turn out to be an other passion- well a gal can't have too many can she?!?

Nikki

Hi there, my name is Nikki and I am 40-something pediatric nurse who is a craft addict and who loves being creative. My addiction has resulted in copious amounts of paper and embellishments but all the more to be creative with. I pretty much dabble in anything but my passion for greeting cards has literally taken over my spare time. I am very happy and honored to be a part of this lovely little group of ladies and look forward to working with everyone.

Jasmina



My name is Jasmina. I’m from the beautiful city of Ljubljana, which is the capital city of Slovenia. I’m living in a house in beautiful surroundings. I have two sons. In my spare time I love to be creative. I have always liked to create, and last year I started doing so intensively. I love everything about crafting. I like the wonderful fellow crafters I meet. It’s a beautiful feeling when we share love, and leave nice comments, many times it make my day. I’m so excited to be a part of this amazingly creative and talented team of people. I love Christine’s stamps!




Hi, I'm Tammy Louise ! Otherwise known as Handmade by TLC. I'm a married mom of two living in Michigan and I have beencrafting more than 20 years. While creating cards that include coloring stamped images has been rewarding and relaxing for me, I have never been more fulfilled and creative than when I realized my true passion is in shaped cards and SVG files cut files. Being limited only by my imagination and love to inspire others to do the same is my middle name.



GUEST DESIGNER Aug-Nov

My name is Tina Gilliland. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and am married to a REAL Prince Charming! Ok Ok... so he doesn't own a drawbridge castle and white horse. BUT... he WAS in a white uniform when I met him... hee hee! My husband retired from the Navy after being in for 20 years. We have two beautiful children, a son... age 15 and a daughter... age 11. I am a stay-at-home mom and currently the DT Coordinator for the Color Me Creative challenge site and also on the design teams of MarkerPOP!, the Paper Temptress and I Brake for Stamps.  I love using my Copics to color a much as I can and have recently started doing more on Smash Books and Heidi Swapp Memory Files.  I'm excited to be a Guest Designer from August - November. I have been enjoying using the Paper Nest images and appreciate the opportunity to share my work with you all.




Design Team Leader

My name is Cathia, and I am a scrapper from Quebec (Canada), a wife and a mother of three beautiful children: Samuel who is 18, Olivier who is 14 and Mya who is 9 years old. I’m a big dreamer and a passionate who wants to beleive in fairy tale. I do scrapbook now since 7 years. I adore also the photography,reading and camping.
I rarely plan my pages. I let a photo or a patterned paper inspire me and I take it from there. I love the shabby chic and romantic style but I also enjoy working with bold patterns and bright colors. I am a person who likes to try every styles. I am constantly learning and improving. I enjoy creating and have been lucky enough to have opportunitie. I'm so excited the be part of The Paper Nest dolls team.


Christine

Hello! My name is Christine and I am the Artist/Designer of The Paper Nest Dolls. I also own a scrapbook store in Fort Myers, Florida called The Paper Nest. I live here with my husband and children. My hobbies are drawing, scrapbooking, stamping and photography. I also love to read and travel.  I am passionate about my work... I hope that comes through in my stamps. Creating this stamp line has been a true labor of love. I get the inspiration for my stamps from my young children......Avery (6) Ellie (4) Emma (2 months) and Owen (8 months) and believe me, they keep me on my toes !
I hope you will love my stamps as much I do . 




Here's to a wonderful, creative, and inspiring term!

13 comments:

  1. congrats to everyone....I cant wait to see all the wonderfulness to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! So excited to have been afforded this wonderful opportunity. Welcome to all the other new dt gals. Looking forward to working with all of you. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the new teams! Fabulous picks, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all you lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya everyone cant wait to work with all of you talented ladies whoop!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really exited to be a part of this great DT!! Looking forward to Get to know you girls better!!!
    Hugs Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome!!!! I love it here, and I know you guys will, too :) And yes, Christine - wow! You have an awesome group here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am beyond excited to be apart of this team and work with all you fabulous ladies, thank you for this amazing opportunity!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to all the new ladies and welcome back to the oldies! I'm sooooo jealous LOL... I'd love to be apart of this team!!! I look forward to seeing what you create though!!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to be working with a talented group of ladies. Can't wait to see what everyone creates x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to all the new dolls and I look forward to working with you all!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs